Sunday, December 28, 2014

This is one of those cards that turned out totally different than my original plan.  You ever have that happen?  I had cut the black/white pieces from my new Stacked With Love designer series stack to follow the sketch challenge at Create With Connie and Mary (CCMC#335).  I used the Circles Framelits to cut my center for my new Valentine design, the little pirate from "Hey, Valentine", and the gold foil underneath layer.  I had just started to color in my design using the Gold Stampin' Dazzle Marker and black for the eye patch.  About that time, my husband wanted to drop off a vehicle at the mechanic and needed me to pick him up.  So, I left my things laying and away I went, came home fixed supper, and a few other chores.  A few hours later, I returned to my Stampin' Corner and decided, I was NOT going to color it in afterall.  I liked the black and white look with the touch of gold.  I added rhinestones to the treasure chest and the extra little "I Love You" message with a red heart popped up.  The upper right hand corner was begging for something, so I punched out three tiny gold foil hearts.  I decided to go with the "less is more" theory. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this cute little pirate and he looks so great on the B&W background papers! Wonderful interpretation of the sketch and use of new Occasions products! Thanks for joining us for the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This is adorable! I love the black and white with the touches of gold! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW...LOVE it! Here's a great way to NOT color this image and have a truly DARLING card! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, love how you did the black & white with just a few accents of gold and red! PERFECT for that little pirate! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!! I really love the gold accents for the pirate, such a great idea! Thanks so much for joining the sketch challenge this week from Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable valentine! Perfect for your little pirate! Love how you highlighted the coins gold, too! Thanks for joining us in the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete